Steitz Riesling Trocken 2016
A dry white wine with crisp citrus acidity, fresh notes of apple and pear and a floral hint of orange blossom.
ORIGIN: Rheinhessen, Germany
SERVE AT: 10 Degrees
DRINK BY: 2019
THE STORY FROM CHIX
This wine is a fantastic example of Riesling. If you are starting on your wine journey and want to be able to recognize this grape – start with this wine. It is very refreshing and I always like to have a bottle of this for a picnic or BBQ.
- Aroma Wheel & More Information
- Did you know ?
- Good To Know!
- Customer Tasting Notes (0)
- Talk to us
Did you know?
- Rheinhessen is the largest wine-producing region of 13 in Germany, with more than 25,000 hectares used every year out of the 105,000 in the whole country, roughly 25% of the country’s entire production. As well as it being the largest region, it is also deemed to produce some of the finest wines in the country
- While primarily a white wine country, red wine production surged in the 1990s and early 2000s, primarily fuelled by domestic demand, and the proportion of the German vineyards devoted to the cultivation of dark-skinned grape varieties has now stabilized at slightly more than a third of the total surface. Contrary to popular belief, of the 32 grape varieties grown in Germany, 15 are red.
- Grapes such as Spatburgunder, Weisserburgunder, Grauburgunder, Riesling, Sylvaner, Traminer and St Laurent are typically grown in the Rhine Valley.
- The Rhine river, which cuts through the centre of Rheinhessen, is the second longest in Europe, flowing 764 miles, or 1229km, from the Swiss Alps to the Netherlands into the North Sea. The Rhine forms a portion of the Swiss-Liechtenstein, Swiss-Austrian border, and the Swiss-German and Franco-German border.
- Rheinhessen is divided into 3 districts: Bingen (Where you can find the Steitz winery), Rheinterrasse, and Wonnegau.
Winemakers Christian and Diana Steitz create both innovative and classic styles of wines using an array of flagship central- European grape varieties, try the range today!
Interested to learn more about wine, visit www.thewineparlour.com/wset to find out more about our wine education programmme
Our service is the very best, that is why it has my name on it!
✓ Delivery is free on orders over £60 across the UK. Pick up from our store in Brixton and I’ll serve you a free glass of Champagne to say thank you!
✓ Your personal and financial data is 100% safe. This site uses a Comodo SSL certificate to protect on-line transactions with the highest strength encryption
✓ If there is a problem with your wine – there is not a problem. I stand behind my wines 100% You can choose replacement, substitute or refund and we will arrange this within 24 hours of talking to you
✓ We don’t forward your order to a warehouse for delivery. The same team who serve our wines to our customers, hand pick your bottles, pack them, and send them to you
✓ byChix Exclusive – These wines are exclusively sold by us in the UK. You won’t be able to buy these wines anywhere else on-line
Email firstname.lastname@example.org Call 0800 612 4742 after 1pm to speak to our team
Alternatively, If you have a question about this wine, please use this form to talk to us!
We can answer your question using email, or, if you prefer one of our wine advisers can call you at a convenient time. All questions are responded to within 24 hours by people working at The Wine Parlour in Brixton. They probably have an open bottle of the wine you are interested in very close by!
Here’s a list of some of the questions we are often asked about our service, but please don’t hesitate to contact us if your question isn’t answered here.
We haven’t tried to answer questions about the taste profile of wines here, please look the wine’s page. All the information, the tasting note, aroma wheel, tasting video, customer tasting notes are designed to describe the wine to you, If you need more help I recommend you call us or send an email. Our team serve these wines everyday, so once we understand your questions, we can easily answer.
When will I receive my wine?
If you place your order between Monday and Thursday before 3pm – you will receive your wine the next day between 9am and 6pm.
If you place your order between Monday and Wednesday after 3pm – your wine will be sent the following day and arrive day after between 9am and 6pm. For example, if your order your wine at 5pm on Monday, you will receive it on Wednesday between 9am and 6pm.
If you place your order before 3pm on Friday, you will receive your wine on the following Monday between 9am and 6pm.
If you place your order after 3pm on Friday or during the weekend, you will receive your wine on the following Tuesday between 9am and 6pm
What if I am out when my wine arrives?
If you leave instructions with us, we can leave your wine with a neighbour or in a safe place
If you don’t it will be taken to the nearest post-office and you can collect it from there or have arrange for it to be delivered. The courier driver will leave a card in your letter box to explain what has happened.
What are your delivery costs and options?
Delivery is free is your order value if over £60
If you come to collect your wine, we will give you a glass of champagne to say thank you
Other wise, if the order is less than £60 it costs an additional £10
What makes you different to other wine shops on-line?
Where do I start?!
Well we only sell wines from the old world. We don’t send your wine from a warehouse, we hand pack it ourselves so we know more about the wine, how it is pouring, what customers are already saying. It also means the wine is stored in better conditions generally.
Finally we import these wines on an exclusive basis, so you won’t find them anywhere else. We don’t use distributors or other on-line shops – you can only buy our wines from us!
What if I don’t like the wine?
I have a simple refund promise – If there is a problem with your wine – there is not a problem. I stand behind my wines 100% You can choose replacement, substitute or refund and we will arrange this within 24 hours of talking to you
How can I contact you?
You can telephone us after 1pm on 0800 612 4742
You can email us – email@example.com
You can use the talk to us contact form and we also keep an active eye on all our social media channels. If you have a questions we find it is easiest to answer over the telephone or on email.